Overall, 2018 has been a really great year! I am so thankful for every part of it. I made a lot of great memories, tried new things and grew in wisdom. I’ve decided to highlight 5 things that I learned in 2018:
- Face Fears Head-On. The things we’re afraid of seem so gigantic and powerful. After conquering many of my fears this year, I learned that they weren’t as scary as they seemed. And they definitely weren’t worth bowing down to. However, I realized if I never faced those fears, I would have never discovered the blessings and opportunities that were on the other side.
- Worship is a Lifestyle Worth Living. Through Transformation Church, ministry classes, and my freedom small group, I’ve heard numerous messages this year about the true meaning of worship. It is not solely singing God’s praises on Sunday, but it is a lifestyle. Worship is choosing to live for God. It is using what He’s given you, to glorify Him. It’s our love for Him showing up in our actions. And it’s a life worth living.
- I learned a lot about myself this year. I explored why I am the way I am, how my experiences have shaped me, my toxic characteristics and patterns, as well as the amazing qualities I have. I evaluated what’s really important to me and how I would like to move forward in the new year.
- Busyness does not always equate productivity. At times, I find myself overwhelmed because I’ve said “yes” to too many things. Or, I’m pursuing something I’m not graced for. I’ve learned that this type of busyness is oftentimes wasted. I’ll be blogging more about this next week.
- Relinquishing Control. So, I’m a planner. I am very organized and I like to have everything mapped out. Therefore, I have a hard time with not being in control. A few months ago, I found myself in a situation where I had no answers and no idea what my next steps would be. Instead of praying first, I took matters into my own hands. My motives were wrong and I had no peace. Needless to say, it was a disaster. Thankfully, God is faithful and He redirected my steps. I learned to relinquish control of my life. And by that I mean,
- Not stressing about things I can’t control.
- Praying for God’s wisdom and guidance… and actually using it!
- Being open to and accepting God’s will.
Thank you for allowing me to share a few of the things I’ve learned this past year. What is the most valuable thing you learned in 2018?