2018 has been a beautiful journey. In the past 11 months, I’ve experienced moments I’ll never forget, laughter that produced tears, the sting of losing a loved one, and the joy of building new relationships. Each moment had its purpose. And now, as with any amazing vacation, you must eventually unpack your bags. There will be things you’ll always take with you on your future trips, and then there are things that simply must be removed. Today’s blog post is centered around decluttering; preparing your life for the new year. Here are 5 ways I’m decluttering before 2019:
- Physical Space. Is it just me, or or do you also think clearer when your physical space is organized? Whenever I feel overwhelmed, I like to clean my living space. I believe every now and then, it’s important to remove those things you no longer need.
- Relationships. Let’s be honest; some relationships are life-long and others are temporary. Toxic relationships are unhealthy and have lasting effects. On the other hand, what relationships need to be nourished? Make time for those you love and cherish the moments you have with them.
- Health. The food you eat affects your mood, weight, energy level, sleep, and overall health. Over the past 2 years, I’ve been more conscious about what I eat and how it affects my body. However, I still have work to do! Although the new year often brings vows to eat cleaner and exercise more… I want to encourage you to make lifestyle changes instead of choosing temporary diets.
- Vision. Thursday, I blogged about goals. If you didn’t accomplish all of your 2018 goals, don’t get stuck in discouragement. Use this experience to work even harder in 2019. Write down your reasons for wanting to reach your goal, develop a plan, and post it where you can see it. Remember, time will pass regardless. Everything you need is on the inside of you; you must do the work!
- Self-Evaluation. This is the biggest one for me. I am a firm believer that every few months I need to take a look at my life and really evaluate what I’m doing right and what needs to change. I encourage you to pray with an open heart and ask God for revelation, wisdom and direction.
You don’t have to wait until the new year to make healthy lifestyle changes. Whenever you sense the need to declutter or rearrange, go for it!