I am always on the search for easy, inexpensive breakfast ideas. I’m so glad I found this vegan French toast recipe on Pinterest (karalydon.com). I made a few tweaks and it turned out amazing! It has now become one of my favorite breakfast meals and it’s perfect for this time of year.
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Sliced bread
- Vegan butter
- Whisk the almond milk, flaxseed, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Turn the griddle on medium heat and brush with butter.
- Dip the sliced bread into the batter one side at a time.
- Heat each side of the bread for 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Lastly, you can add maple syrup or agave. But mine tasted fine without it! 🙂
As always, let me know if you try this recipe. And comment below what your favorite breakfast meal is!